We want to assure you that shopping, donating and volunteering at The Missions Thrift Store is safe, so we’re sharing the cleaning and sanitation measures we’ve implemented since reopening—many of which are still in accordance with Gov. Roy Cooper’s first Executive Order No. 138 (recommended guidelines from Phase 1).
- No more than 60 customers will be allowed in the store at the same time. The Missions Thrift Store has 12,000 square feet of retail space which equates to five customers per 1,000 square feet. A staff member or volunteer will be at the store entrance to monitor the number of individuals entering the store.
- Social distancing floor markers are by the cashier area to help customers waiting in line maintain a safe distance from each other. Customers who are checking out are asked to place items on the counter and then step back behind the line as those items are being rung up by the cashier.
- The checkout counter will be cleaned and sanitized throughout each day.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed in the store and in the donation processing center.
- All dressing rooms and bathrooms will be closed until further notice.
- Shopping cart handles will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.